Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Special Announcement From Tazi-Kat!

Dear Readers:

Today I have a special announcement to make; so if you could, please put down your Sunday paper and give me your full attention!


Thank you! As you may or may not know, I have started posting my advice column to BlogHer.com. In addition to enjoying writing my column, I enjoy reading other blogs as well - this is why I write Tazi Recommends... on Sundays, to share the love (we cats are so thoughtful!). However, we cats bore easily; and I have been looking to try my paw at something new but did not know what until I discovered BlogHer. With blogs covering subjects from Food to Feminism there is a niche for everyone - even a little cat like me! With no further ado, I would like to announce that next Sunday will mark the premier edition of

Tazi's Corner
Life As Your Pet Sees It

Why this new direction? Well, what you probably do not know is that my Mommie, who types this column for me, holds more than a degree in Communications. Really, the woman is highly over-educated with an Associates in General Science (Biology/Chemistry) which she has continued to study, resulting in a near-complete Bachelors in Biology; a minor degree in Writing and Rhetoric (she attained a 4.0 GPA in that one!) and yet another degree in Women's Studies, which she is completing this summer. Sitting by her side while she studies all this stuff is me, her beloved cat, learning along with her. I would now like to put my learning to use by writing a commentary blog one day a week, similar to my Special Edition column posted earlier this week.

I would never, ever abandon the main purpose of this blog which (contrary to what some may think) is not pimping out PeopleIWantToPunchInTheThroat.com but answering requests for advice from you humans. Really, how do you manage to get by without an advice-giving kitty of your own? I love answering your letters for advice, but sometimes I want to caterwauler about something that has not been asked.

Since Andy Rooney passed, there has been a definite lack of commentary that encompasses a cat's point of view. I do not dare to even dream of filling the void left by the absence of Mr. Rooney's giant eyebrows, but I would like to try and post my paw-prints on history by writing about issues of human importance - from a cat's point of view, of course! You can't escape my smugness that easily!

I look forward to this new project; and I hope that you do, as well. It's you and me against the world, dear readers - let's attack!

Snuggles,
Tazi

Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment