Saturday, March 7, 2015

Woman's Skinny Jeans Provide A Full Moon To Customers

Dear Tazi:

I am a middle-aged gentleman who likes a good cup of coffee. My problem is that the coffeehouse I have been frequenting will not enforce a dress code for its employees, and the fashions the employees have been wearing are slipping - quite literally, with the pants of both women and men hanging well below their gluteal regions!

I have generally been able to ignore the exposed flesh of these young people, but there is one new hire that has taken things much further below the belt than others. "Heidi" wears tight jeans that end halfway up her bottom, barely covering the uncovered area with a t-shirt or sweatshirt. Unfortunately, whenever Heidi moves her shirt moves with her and her bare butt is exposed. I generally glance away when this occurs, as I do not wish to see her nakedness. Yesterday, while receiving my order, Heidi bent over and, unbeknownst to her, mooned me! I stammered my embarrassment to her co-worker, suggesting she be the one to tell Heidi to pull up her pants, but this young woman just blushed and was too embarrassed to say anything either.

I decided to speak with the shop manager about the situation, but he shrugged and said, "That's the style. I can't fire them for not dressing proper because everyone else is dressed the same way". I am at a loss for what to do next. Should I speak to Heidi directly? I fear this might do more than embarrass me, but leave me with a reputation for being a prude, or worse a dirty old man when I am neither; I am simply someone who prefers to have my coffee served with a side of dignity.

Signed,
Respectful Gent

Dear Respectful Gent:

If s/he is available, I suggest you talk to the shop owner and express your distress over the state of employee undress. I do not care what styles people are wearing on the street, when you enter your place of work a certain level of professionalism is expected to be maintained. Explain to the shop owner that his/her employees - particularly Heidi - are straining the boundaries of public decency and that it offends you. No customer should have to put up with being mooned by an employee - even accidentally.

I, too, have noticed the style of jeans you mention, and I personally think that any woman not built like a 12-year-old boy should be wearing them like that. Those jeans make even the slightest hint of feminine curves make the wearer look fat!

Exhibit A

While I do not advise telling Heidi that her wardrobe makes her look fat (that is simply cruel), I would suggest you give your name and contact information to the shop owner and/or manager and tell them both that you will be looking for a new place to patron if the employee dress code does not improve - and then do exactly that, inviting others who are offended to join with you. When the problem hits the shop in its bank account you can bet that action will be taken.

Snuggles,
Tazi


Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.


No comments:

Post a Comment