Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Purr-Inducing Praise Makes For One Happy Tazi-Kat!

Dear Tazi-Kat:

A friend sent me a link to a column you recently published about bargain hunting, suggesting that it might solve some of my frustrations. At first I was a little hesitant; thinking an advice column written by a cat must be a joke, but I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised!

For some time now, I have been searching for a comforter set for my elderly father’s bedroom (he lives with my husband and I). In order to keep him warm without roasting the rest of us, I wanted a thick comforter and, since his rugs are grey, I was adamant about the color: it simply had to be navy blue. After three months of looking, I was getting quite frustrated – everything I found in navy that was thick enough to keep Pop warm during a cold winter was quite pricey!!!

I decided to give the advice you gave a try, and I could not be more pleased with the results! I went to one of the websites you suggested, and searched for “men’s comforter sets”. I found a beautiful one in alternating shades of charcoal and pearl grey striping that actually looks better than the navy blue I originally had in mind! The best part was the price – 75% off of retail!

I was about to purchase the comforter set alone, when I noticed that if I spent another $10 I could get free shipping, so instead I bought the “bed in a bag” version of the set – that’s a comforter set that comes with matching sheets – for only $30 more. Because I saved $18 on shipping, it was like getting a set of $130 sheets for only $12. That’s more than 90% off! The best part is that the set is just as thick and plush and beautiful as it looked online; my father is thrilled with it; and I saved $200 that I can now put towards Christmas gifts for my children.

I am so happy that my friend sent me your column that I am treating her to lunch next week as a thank you! You, Tazi-Kat, have a new devoted reader. Keep up the good work!

Signed,
THRILLED With Your Column!

Dear THRILLED:

Wow, that is a lot of exclamation points, but I thank you for them just the same! Your excitement shines through in your letter, and is making me purr. I am so glad that my column was able to help you, and am just as happy to know that I have earned a new regular reader. Letters like yours make my day. Thank you so much for writing.

Please tell all of your friends about my column, and be sure to sign up for Ask Tazi by Email, so you will never miss a single missive from me. You can also read previous columns by clicking on the links in the right sidebar.

--Tazi-Kat

P.S. to my other loyal readers: Please spread the word about my column, too! I appreciate it, and I appreciate all of you! Let's take this viral!

No comments:

Post a Comment