Friday, August 23, 2013

Nice Guy Thinks He's Boring, Wants More Exciting Persona

Dear Tazi:

I have to be the most boring person on the planet. Growing up, I played sports but didn’t excel in them; I graduated in the middle of my class; I am average looking; I drive a sedan; I sell insurance for a living; and I live in the suburbs. I feel like there is nothing special about me to make me stand out in a crowd.

I am looking for ways to seem more exciting to women, but all the ways I think of just seem too out of character for me. That’s how boring I am! I have thought of learning to ride a motorcycle, but seems too dangerous; I am not the type to get a tattoo; I don’t drink, so I can’t go to a bar; I have belonged to the same church for years and moving to a new one to meet women seems insincere.

Can you suggest some ways that I could try to change? I just want others to see me as someone exciting.

Signed,
Boring Bob


Dear Boring Bob:

Do you remember that episode of The Brady Bunch when Peter wanted to change his boring personality? Here let me refresh your memory:



He discovered that people liked him just the way he was; that they thought he was dependable, not boring. While someone who is “exciting” may get all the girls, have you ever noticed how his relationships just don’t last? Women want more than excitement; they want a man who is dependable.

If you want more people to find you interesting you are going to have to find something about yourself that interests you. Do you have any hobbies? You could join a group or take a class that is centered on those hobbies. Take a cooking class, join a book club (these are usually overrun with women), or take up stamp collecting (or is that last one too boring?). Another way to meet people with similar interests is to get involved in the community. Volunteer as a docent at your local museum or zoo or whatever organization reflects your interests. This will shake up your life a little and make you more interesting to yourself and people who like themselves are attractive to others.

You do not need to change who you are to become someone more interesting; you only need to get out of your rut and into the world around you. Once you do, you will be amazed at how interesting you already are!

Snuggles,

Tazi

Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment