Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tazi Recommends: People I Want To Punch In The Throat

Dear Readers:

Welcome to another edition of Tazi Recommends...I hope you are finding the blogs I recommend enjoyable, and that the cat in your life appreciates my efforts at distracting you from the Sunday paper. This week I am recommending a blog that is near and dear to my heart; a blog with a title that perfectly describes how felines feel about people who annoy us. The blog is called:

People I Want To Punch In The Throat
by Jen from Kansas (by way of New Jersey)


If the title made you laugh, you are going to love this blog! As its author has been known to say, "This blog is called People I Want to Punch in the Throat not Rainbows & Unicorns...", so be forewarned that the content is not appropriate for young children or anyone who is easily offended. Jen writes about life's annoyances - big and little; from the self-deprecating "Me: For Wanting A Minivan" to her regular jabs at Overachieving Moms who consider everything their child does a trophy-worthy achievement (Aighmee finally used the potty! Let's throw her a party!).

Jen's blog has gone viral on a few occasions, starting with the now legendary Elf On The Shelf rant that has been plagiarized all over the web (I verified it: she is the original author) and most recently with her blog on Rules For Parents Of Daughters. The Huffington Post has featured her work a couple of times now and, quite honestly, I think it would be smart move on their part to contract her as one of their columnists before someone else does.

People I Want To Punch In The Throat is unlike a lot of non-syndicated blogs in that the writer publishes daily; which is unusual (this just in: the Huff Post might start printing her stuff regularly, making People I Want To Punch In The Throat a syndicated column! Congrats, Jen!). What is even more unusual is that, most of the time, her blog is genuinely laugh-out-loud, pee-in-your-pants funny. Aimed mostly towards a female audience, there are some men who might get the jokes; but I recommend it more for the person who does everything for the family and still somehow manages to keep it all together (which is usually The Mommy Person, be they man or woman).

Many of the links in the letters I answer link to People I Want To Punch In The Throat simply for the entertainment value, not because I wish to punch any of my readers in the throat...well, maybe a few, like the [French word for shower]-bag; but on the whole, I do it because I believe humor is a great cure for stress. That being said, I am off to relive my stress by taking my afternoon-long Sunday nap on top of that glorious spread of newspaper that you have hopefully abandoned by now. You should be off to read People I Want To Punch In the Throat.

Snuggles,
Tazi

Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment