Monday, October 1, 2012

Teenage Embarrassments Are Soon Forgotten, So Tazi Advises Not Dwelling On Them


Dear Tazi:

My life is over!  I know you think I am exaggerating, but I am seriously thinking of asking my parents to send me to private school because I can never go back to my public school again after what happened to me today!

There is the most amazing boy ever in my Science class.  His name is “Mike” and he is the only boy I will ever love, I swear!  He is hotter than Justin Beiber!  Once every few weeks our teacher makes us do a lab assignment and we have to pair up with someone to work on it.  I was assigned to work with Mike so I took extra time on my hair and makeup and made sure my outfit was HOT!  I wore a pair of white skinny jeans with a tight v-neck t-shirt and a pair of Sketchers.  All of my friends said Mike was going to be watching me and not the experiment, which is what I was hoping!  Well, Tazi, my wish came true but not in the way I wanted.  I got my period right in the middle of science class!  I didn't notice because I was too busy watching Mike, and one of the guys sitting behind me made a joke about a “red tide rolling in”.  I had never had my period before, so I didn't know he was talking about me until things got really awkward.  I ran out of the room and to the girls’ bathroom and cried.  A teacher was in there, so she gave me some help and let me wrap her jacket around my waist and walked me to the Nurse’s office so I could call my Mom to go home and change.  My Mom was super excited that I got my period, but I am still super upset.  I went back to school the next day and it felt like everyone was staring at me.  I am afraid to even talk to Mike anymore.  I just want everyone to forget what happened but I don’t know how long that is going to take.  What do you think, Tazi?

Signed,
Double Red

Dear Double Red:

I am thinking that you should not have been wearing white after Labor Day!


I am also thinking you have experienced one of life’s less pleasant milestones – the surprise visitor.  Being young and inexperienced, I can see why you were unprepared to handle the fall-out from this traumatic event, and yes I can even understand why it was so traumatic.  However, you need to put the past behind you and move forward; you are not the first female this sort of thing has happened to, nor will you be the last.  Why do you think the teacher who assisted you knew exactly what to do to help?

The best thing that you can do to help this whole situation blow over is to do nothing at all.  The more you concentrate on it, the more others will, too.  You may feel like everyone is watching you, but I can assure you that they are not.  Middle-school aged girls are aware that this type of emergency can strike them, too, and know to be sympathetic and not make fun; middle-school aged boys have their own puberty-related catastrophes that they dread and should know better than to tease.  Only the most immature among them will say anything; may karma strike them double!

Extra Snuggles,
Tazi



Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment