Thursday, July 11, 2013

Red, White And Blue Bride Forgetting Some Important Details

Dear Tazi:

I love the 4th of July and I have always wanted to get married on it. The problem is, I am 25 and my boyfriend of two years does not want to get married just yet. Next year and the year after (2014 and 2015) the 4th of July will be on a Friday and then a Saturday – perfect days for celebrating a wedding! The following year, because of Leap Year, 4th of July will be on a Monday which will not work. Who gets married on a weekday, especially a Monday?

I am not willing to wait another six or seven years for a weekend 4th of July to roll around so I can get married on it – I will be in my 30’s by then! My boyfriend is firm about not planning a wedding just yet, but if we were to get married on the 4th of July we would need to start planning now. Do you think I should give up on him or wait things out? On the one hand, I do love him but on the other hand he doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to marry me, and he doesn't seem to be taking my lifelong dream very seriously.

Signed,
Yankee Doodle Dandy

Dear Yankee Doodle Dandy:

Has it ever occurred to you that the reason most people do not get married on a weekday is because they have to work? If the 4th of July were to fall on a weekday people who generally have weekends off would also have the 4th of July off as a paid holiday – thus circumventing your problem altogether.

Just promise me that you will not wear this gown!

If you really want to get married on the 4th of July, then by all means get married on the 4th of July, regardless of what day it is. However, you might not want to make plans to do so with your current man. If neither of you were able to pick up on the facts I have already mentioned you may not be ready to face the world as a married couple; if he did understand your flawed reasoning and did not point it out to you it could be that he is actively looking for reasons to forestall marriage. This should be the issue the two of you are discussing before you try to settle on a  year for your wedding.

Snuggles,

Tazi

Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.


No comments:

Post a Comment