Saturday, January 5, 2013

Competitive Eating Requires A Lot Of Training, Strong Stomach

Dear Tazi:

Have you ever seen the movie Cool Hand Luke? It’s an old movie. My brother and I were stuck home with the flu and Grandma was watching us and she put that movie on to watch. It was okay, but what was really awesome was when that Paul Newman guy had to eat 50 hard boiled eggs in an hour. GROSS! My brother challenged me to do it. I don’t think it can be done. I think the movie faked it. My Dad is a weightlifter and he says too much protein will make you sick and eggs are all protein. My brother says I am scared to lose. My Mom says no, because it would be a waste of food. My brother says he will pay for the eggs with his allowance, but Mom still says no.

Do you think it can be done, Tazi? Can a person eat 50 hard boiled eggs in one hour? My brother has a plan to get Mom to say yes.

Signed,
Cool Hand Jeffrey

Dear Cool Hand Jeffrey:

You did see how sick that “Paul Newman guy” looked after eating a couple dozen hard boiled eggs, right? And that was only half of what he was supposed to eat, and he was a full grown man! Eggs are almost all protein and fat – two substances that make you feel really full, really fast so you don’t need to eat a lot of them. Also, protein takes a while to digest, so your tummy can only hold so much of it; try to stuff down too much at once and you will throw up!

Cats barf too much to make good competitive eaters...

There are many different types of competitive eating contests, the most famous one being the Nathan’s Famous 4th of July Hot dog Eating contest, where you see people eating enormous amounts of food in a very short time. Like weightlifters and other athletes, these people train to do what they do so they do not get hurt or sick. So, to answer your question can a person eat 50 hard boiled eggs in one hour? Only if they work their way up to it; just like a weightlifter cannot dead-lift 300 pounds on the first try, neither can a person eat 50 hard-boiled eggs on the first try. Don’t waste your money or food by trying; not everything you see in the movies is real.

Snuggles,
Tazi


Ask Tazi! is ghostwritten by a human with a Bachelors of Arts in Communications. Tazi-Kat is not really a talking feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment